- 1 favorite configuration on desktop
- 2 Configuration
- 3 sort after
favorite configuration on desktop
restore previous session
Settings -> On startup -> Manage on startup pages -> Pages to open on startup -> check "Continue where you left off"
chrome://settings/startupUrls -> Manage on startup pages -> Pages to open on startup -> check "Continue where you left off"
- chrome://settings or Menu -> Settings
-> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings ->
- Location -> "Do not allow any site to track your physical location"
- Notifications -> "Do not allow any site to show notifications"
disable video auto play
- Disable automatic playing of videos on facebook.com using this extension. Once the extension is installed, hide the icon in the toolbar by right clicking on it -> select "Hide in Chrome menu".
Show the bookmarks toolbar
Settings -> Appearance -> Show bookmarks bar -> slide right
Set chrome as default web browser
Settings -> Default browser -> make chrome the default
Settings -> Appearance -> Show Home button -> slide it right.
Set the home page to https://qwant.com which is a search engine similar to Google but respects your privacy.
set up custom search engines
Right click in the address bar -> Edit search engines or preferences button -> Settings -> Settings -> Search -> Manage search engines
|Add a new search engine||Keyword||URL with %s in place of query|
To access the search engines, enter the keyword in the address bar and press tab.
Another easy way to add a custom search engine is to go to the website, right click on the search bar -> select "Add as search engine..." -> edit the fields if necessary -> ok
Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Passwords and forms -> Manage passwords
- uBlock Origin. It was mentioned in http://www.enricozini.org/blog/2016/i-chipped-in/
save pdf files instead of opening them directly
Settings -> Advanced -> Privacy and security -> Content Settings -> PDF documents -> Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome -> turn on Settings -> Advanced -> Downloads -> Ask where to save each file before downloading -> turn on
- chrome://settings/syncSetup - to sync passwords across chrome sessions over different machines