- 1 Configuration
- 2 Miscellaneous
- File -> Options -> Mail -> Other -> After moving or deleting an open item -> open the previous item -> ok
- View -> Show as Conversations -> check the box -> All Folders
- View -> Conversation Settings -> Always Expand Conversations -> Check
Do not mark items as read when you just view them
File -> Options -> Advanced -> Outlook panes -> Reading Pane -> uncheck "Mark item as read when selection changes" -> ok -> ok
You can also access the "Reading Pane" via
File -> Options -> Mail -> Outlook panes -> Reading Pane
Use "Keep Text Only" as the default option when copy pasting
File -> Options -> Mail -> Compose Messages -> Click "Editor Options" button -> Advanced -> Cut, copy, and paste -> Pasting from other programs: -> choose "Keep Text Only" in the dropdown -> OK -> OK
Threaded display in Outlook 365
click on a folder -> View tab
-> Select "Show as Conversations" -> In "Conversation Settings" -> select "Use Classic Indented View" -> In "Message Preview" -> select Off
The following should be checked when you right click on the message index pane
Date (Conversations) Show as Conversations Show in Groups
Select sorting so as to display new items at the bottom.
Threaded display in older outlook versions
<Note: forgot to note down the outlook version this applies to. But it is something prior to Outlook 365>
To display the emails in the good old thread display
- Right click on Arrange By -> Select "Date", "Show as Conversations".
- Right click on Arrange By -> View Settings -> Other settings -> check "Show conversation groups using Classic Indented view" -> OK -> OK
- Select "Oldest on top".
Search only in current folder even when searching from Inbox
File -> Options -> Search -> "Results" section -> Include results only from: -> select "Current folder"
Move up the message - <SHIFT>-<SPACE>
Move down a message - <SPACE>
To delete attachment but keep the email
Open the mail -> right click on the attachment -> "Remove Attachment"
|Check emails with attachments||hasattachment:yes|