- 1 Olive garden app
- 2 LA Fitness in Paramus
- 3 MobaXterm vs SuperPutty
- 4 TigerVNC vs TightVNC
- 5 VIMperator Iceweasel plugin
- 6 gitlab vs sourceforge
- 7 BB10 os on BlackBerry Z10
- 8 Confluence WYSIWYG editor
- 9 Machine Learning Foundations course on Coursera
- 10 real estate listing websites
- 11 TD Ameritrade website
Olive garden app
I do not recommend installing the Olive garden app on Android. It wasted a lot of my time on Sunday 2018-03-11. More details below.
We wanted to go to the Olive Garden in Paramus on 2018-03-11 for dinner. Using the Android app, I added myself to the waiting list and specified the number of guests (which in this case was three). The app showed that there was a 5 minute wait time. But when we actually went to the restaurant, the receptionist told us that we had to wait 45 minutes! Apparently, the app was not showing correct times. She told us that it will only show correct wait times if they are using pagers. So I asked why they are not using pagers. She told us that they will only use pagers if the floor is full. How fascinating and wonderful, right?
The whole thing frustrated me so much. It was a complete waste of time. Thanks for ruining my day, Olive Garden.
MobaXterm vs SuperPutty
|versions compared||Personal Edition v7.3||Version 126.96.36.199|
|Importing Putty Sessions||Imported only the first 13 putty sessions||Was able to import all the putty sessions.
I had 35 putty sessions when I tested this functionality.
TigerVNC vs TightVNC
|back ground||forked from TightVNC in 2009|
|Latest release date||2016-09-08||2013-07-24|
I am using TigerVNC instead of TightVNC.
VIMperator Iceweasel plugin
- Ability to open/close/scroll websites using just keyboard without using mouse is awesome.
- Found it difficult to use on websites such as facebook
- Would like to have the ability to disable it on a specified list of websites but enable it on the rest. Something similar to what adblock does currently.
gitlab vs sourceforge
|Edit and commit files via web||Yes||No|
BB10 os on BlackBerry Z10
- Unable to edit the documents in google drive through the web browser.
Confluence WYSIWYG editor
- No sectional editing capability.
Sectional editing refers to the ability to edit only one section without having to edit the entire wiki page. This is a very useful feature when working with large wiki pages. The issue was reported on 2006-04-12 but is not fixed even after 9 years (last checked 2015-09-01). Other wiki software (ex:- mediawiki used by wikipedia) has had it for a long long time.
real estate listing websites
The search results are mixed with advertisements. For example, if I search for a home in city X, it will show results from city Y where the latter is an advertisement. I found it very annoying and stopped using their site unless necessary.
The search results show "pending sales" irrespective of whether that setting is on or off in "Listing type" -> "Include homes pending sale". This is very annoying.
TD Ameritrade website
- no online chat support.
You can reach a customer service representative by phone or email. But there is no way to get real time support online from a live person. They have an online chatbot which is very primitive and useless.
Why is this necessary?
When working in an office environment, chatting online is more private compared to talking on the phone.
- There is no easy way to see all the dividends earned from a particular stock. You can do this for a year (in My Account -> History & Statements -> Transactions). But the website does not support doing it for more than a year.