- The tab completion entries are cleared after successful tab completion.
- ability to remove old duplicates from the history file.
AFAIK this is not possible in bash but can be done in tcsh.
Why I shifted to zsh from tcsh
tcsh does not have any support for functions. But zsh does. Since I use functions extensively in shell scripts, I started using zsh over tcsh from 2015-01-09.
Why I shifted to zsh from bash
When doing tab completion, zsh can list files in the order they were created/modified. Currently this is not possible in bash. Tested this on zsh (5.0.7-5), bash (4.3-11).
Why 64 bit applications
- The 64 bit architecture allows applications to utilize more memory (> 4GB), and use newer and faster CPU instruction sets.
- The same data occupies more space in memory (due to longer pointers and possibly other types, and alignment padding).
32-bit vs 64 bit processors
- A 64-bit processor performs best with 64-bit software.
- A 64-bit processor has backward compatibility and will handle most 32-bit software.
- A 32-bit processor is not compatible with 64-bit software.
- you can open a link directly from konsole. Just right click on the link -> select "Open Link". It will open in konqueror.
- You can copy paste the text from pdf to a text file in 3 different ways - rectangular selection (ctrl+3), normal text selection (ctrl+4), tabular selection (ctrl+5). The last one is incredibly useful when copying data from tables.