Edit -> Preferences -> Editing -> Automatically turn "CamelCase" words into links -> uncheck
Starting zim in windows
$ cat ~/Desktop/zim.bat "C:\Users\kkusuman\Desktop\Zim Desktop Wiki Portable\zim.exe"
Then double click the zim.bat icon on the desktop.
<Todo:- Add the version number if this is still relevant or delete this entry>
Create a batch file, zim.bat
start \Path\to\Zim\ZimDesktopWikiPortable.exe --standalone
Call it as something like zim.bat . Now open windows explorer and type the path of the batch script in the address bar. This will launch zim.
I found that the scroll bar stops working intermittently. To work around this, try scrolling right on the scroll bar. Once this is done, the scroll bar works both on the scroll bar and on the window.
- zim wiki code repository - https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-desktop-wiki/
- http://zim-wiki.org/manual/Help/Key_Bindings.html - key board shortcuts in zim
- http://wiki.ordi49.fr/doku.php/en:tech:dev:around_zim_desktop - talks about porting zim notebooks between Linux and Windows environments.
- zim wiki community documentation - https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-wiki/wiki
- To find out What is new in the latest zim version - https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-desktop-wiki/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt
- http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3703 - Syntax highlighting in vim for zim wiki pages
table of contents plugin
My favorite configuration
- Position in the window: Left Side Pane
- uncheck - Show Toc as floating widget instead of in sidepane
- check - Show the page title heading in the ToC
- <Ctrl><Space> <Ctrl>f
How it works: <Ctrl><Space> - switch to the side pane <Ctrl>f - Search in the page list
- <Control><Space> shortcut has to be enabled the very first time.
Edit -> Preferences -> Use <Control><Space> to switch to the side pane -> Check